Friday 15 March 2024

A Few Lavinia Projects

 As I said previously I'm addicted to Lavinia Stamps - I've always loved fairies and dragons (what's not to love?) so it's a given I would love these stamps!

I recently has cataracts removed from both eyes so my vision has been a bit of a struggle and these are a selection of projects I've made through my cataract journey, some are not "in the lines" but heyho!




These are some tags that I have been experimenting with, the first uses dinkles and water to create the background, then it has been stamped with a sentiment stamp and flower stamped in pink then I added some teal foil dots - quite effective.

The second was a try at a tutorial by Tracey Dutton, who is the creator of Lavinia, using watercolour pencils and inks, certainly made me use my pencils that have been gathering dust for 6 years!

The third was created using Distress ink sprays, the tree is from the latest collection and is heat embossed in white, I need to work on the technique more but it could be very pretty!



These are ink box cards, the central frame is created with the lid off a distress ink pad, you ink up the edges of the lid then stamp it onto your card, then using a wet paintbrush draw the ink down to create your background, I love these as they make the cutest cards (I love little cards), the next will be to experiment with some Christmas cards but first I have to invest in more distress ink pads!!



And finally some inking and stamping, with a bit of colouring too!!

I'd love to see you over at the Outlawz Challenges, come and play anytime we have lots going on!


1 comment:

Shadow Technique

 I watched a tutorial on the shadow technique and I had to have a go! First I made some on kraft card as per the tutorial. This one uses Bot...