Saturday 13 April 2024

Faux Parchment

 A Facebook group I belong to was showing some stamps by Inkylicious that looked good so I went to their website to check them out and found some amazing stencils!!

I followed the You Tube tutorials for these leaf stencils and I was hooked! I bought the leaf and the holly leaf stencils and these are what I used for each card.

Holly Leaf Stencil, I used Brilliance Moonlight White ink for this one along with a white Uniball pen, the stamp Winter Cabin Medium is also from Inkylicious which I stamped in Versafine Clair Acorn ink (and used the same for the shadows), I used some Wink of Stella and some glitter to finish along with some splatters from a white Posca pen.


For the Leaf Stencil, I used Versa Magic Cloud white ink, white Uniball pen, Lavinia Stag stamp and some Fir Trees from Lavinia, which were stamped on Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves and Acorn, the shadow was made using Fallen Leaves. I dotted the white Uniball pen all over the trees and also drew around the stag then I used a water brush to blend it out to give the foggy/cloudy effect, I added some Wink of Stella to the snow.


I do need to work at perfecting this as I love this technique and I hope you enjoy it to.

In case you want to try it this is the You Tube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4Wly44KVo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shadow Technique

 I watched a tutorial on the shadow technique and I had to have a go! First I made some on kraft card as per the tutorial. This one uses Bot...